Best side dish for steaks, light, hearty and full of goodness. Canola oil adds a dose of good fats to the mix and helps the body absorb the vitamins and fibers of the asparagus.
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 60 mL
• 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper 2 mL
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 24 asparagus spears, trimmed
• In large resealable plastic bag, combine balsamic vinegar, canola oil, pepper and garlic.
• Add asparagus and squeeze bag to coat asparagus with marinade; seal bag. Let stand for 30 minutes. Remove asparagus from marinade. Discard marinade.
• Grill asparagus over medium heat on grill pan or outdoor grill, turning occasionally, until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.