These portable nuggets pack a protein punch – a perfect snack for long summer days. Canola oil adds a dose of good fats to the mix and helps the body absorb the snack’s fat-soluble vitamins.
• 1 1/2 cups rolled oats 375 mL
• 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
• 1/3 cup honey 75 mL
• 1 scoop (or 1/4 cup/60 mL) natural whey protein powder
• 1/2 cup dried tart cherries 125 mL
• 1/4 cup sliced almonds 60 mL
• In medium bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients.
• Coat hands with canola oil to prevent sticking and firmly form mixture into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls.
• Keep energy balls refrigerated. May be stored in refrigerator for up to five days.