These portable nuggets pack a protein punch – a perfect snack for long summer days. Canola oil adds a dose of good fats to the mix and helps the body absorb the snack’s fat-soluble vitamins.
• 1 large onion (chopped)
• 1 can chopped tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon tomato puree
• 1 clove garlic (crushed)
• 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 beef stock
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Heat olive oil in a heavy pan (medium heat).
• Add the onions, and fry until translucent.
• Add the mince and brown.
• Add the crushed garlic clove, stir and fry for 1 min.
• Add the beef stock cube, mixed herbs, tinned toms, tom puree, and 1/2 pint water, and bring to the boil.
• Reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins and enjoy!
• Serve with freshly cooked Spaghetti or Pasta shapes of your choice